Here was one of our recipes that was featured in Lucuma, a vegan, raw food and conscious living magazine. I thought I would share with you guys too. Try my herbed creamy sauce with courgette and cucumber noodles and sweet portobello mushroom.
- 2 portobello mushroom
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of agave or sweeter of your choice
- 1 cup of soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1/4 of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 table spoon of salt
- 2 courgettes spiralzed
- 1/2 cucumber
- 6 olives
- Pea shoots or sunflower sprouts to decorate
1. Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours
2. Place the agave and olive oil in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Slice the mushrooms finely and place in the bowl. Let marinate here for 4 hours. You will know when the mushrooms become ready as they will look soft.
3. Add to your blender the cashews, lemon juice, water, basil, oregano and salt. Blend until its a smooth consistency.
4. Spiralize the courgettes and cucumber.
5. Chop the olives to smaller pieces.
6. Mix the noodles and sauce together.
7. Add olives and mushrooms and decorate with pea shoots or sunflower sprouts.
Recipe by Francesca Paz from MoodyMango www.moodymango.com @moodymangorawcuisune